Become a Member of Mona Vale SLSC
Mona Vale Surf Life Saving Club welcomes new members to support club activities such as Patrol, Nippers and Competitions. Our vital community service is provided free to the public thanks to our volunteers who dedicate their time and energy to training, patrolling and other activities at our club.
Why Join Mona Vale SLSC
Joining Mona Vale Surf Life Saving Club is a unique opportunity that can ultimately change your life and the lives of your family and friends. One day they may be drowning or hurt and you will be the one with the skills necessary to help them – our first aid skills can be used anywhere, not just on the beach.
Don’t like the ocean? Can’t swim? No Problem!
Surf Life Saving Clubs can offer skilled opportunities in important supporting roles such as:
- Radio communications
- First aid
- Administrative support
- Competition officials
- Trainers and coaches
- Leadership development.
Joining is a great opportunity to learn new skills, make new friends and make a significant contribution to the community. Your membership is an investment in yours and your family’s safety as well as the safety and wellbeing of our community. You can make a difference!
Mona Vale SLSC Online Membership Process
New members are invited to join Mona Vale SLSC, subject to the approval of the Management Committee. All new members are required to create a member’s account with SLSA and submit an online application to join. Please refer to Members Portal for information on how to create a Members Area Account.
- Join Mona Vale SLSC online here today.
- Once a new online membership application is submitted for an individual or a family, a confirmation window will display that includes your new member’s unique tracking ID.
- New members will be sent a confirmation email that includes a link to check the progress of the application. The new member’s application will be relayed to Mona Vale SLSC for approval.
- Once the pending member request has been submitted to the club, a link is sent to allow members to create a family group. This request will also be sent to Mona Vale SLSC for approval.
- Next new members who have submitted the online form are required to pay the membership fee.
- Prior to final approval new members must provide scanned IDs for individuals and/or all family members. Please email all IDs to the Registrar.
New members will not be registered until the membership application is completed online, IDs received and fees paid.
Please refer to the SLSA's Join/Rejoin User Guide for more information on how to join Mona Vale SLSC online.
Membership Fees 2020/2021 Season
|Membership Fees for New and Renewing Members||Fee|
|Family Membership 1:|
1 Nipper and up to 2 parents guardians* (registered as General member)
|Family Membership 2:|
2 or more Nippers and up to 2 parents guardians* (registered as General member)
|Active Family Membership: Active, Cadet, Active Reserve or Long Service members plus the membership of dependent children as Nippers, Cadets or Active members.*||$150|
|Active, Cadet, Active Reserve, Long Service, Award||$75|
|Associate member with Seniors Card||$100|
|Life Members with renewal form||$0|
* Note:There must be at least one parent/guardian as a MVSLSC member for Nippers to be registered. General membership is on application.
All new members must show proof of age (this may include Birth Certificate, License, Passport etc). Please note children must have obtained the age of 5 years by the 30th of September before they can become a Nipper member. However, a child may commence after they have attained the age of 5 years but under SLSA requirements must stay in the U6s age group for the following year. Please email proof of age identification to the Registrar.
For membership purposes, ages are determined at midnight 30 September. Our membership categories are:
- Active Senior (18 years plus): Age 18 or over active surf lifesavers (either are a lifesaver or have decided to train to become one). Members must have a proficient bronze medallion and do patrols.
- Active (15 - 18 years): Active life savers but under 18. Members must have a proficient bronze medallion and do patrols.
- Cadet (Under 15): These members gain their Surf Rescue Certificate to allow them to become a Cadet Lifesaver and do patrols. They then train to become fully qualified surf lifesavers. There is no need for a parent to register. Members who are Under 14 need to register as Nippers and have a parent registered as well.
- Active Reserve: These members have satisfactorily patrolled for over 8 years consecutively, or 10 years (broken) and as such, are only required to do a minimum number of patrols each season.
- Long Service: These members have undertaken a total of 10 years satisfactory full patrolling (or 8 years of full patrols and 4 years Reserve Active patrols and are no longer required to do patrols, but are welcome to continue patrolling).
- Life Member: A special prestigious category of membership reserved for those who are honoured in recognition of many years of ongoing commitment to the Club. Nominees for this category are discussed and voted on at the Club’s Annual General Meeting.