On behalf of the surf club and all the people that volunteer their time to run our nippers program, a big welcome to Mona Vale Surf Club nippers 2014/15.
The Nipper season will kick off on Sunday 5th October at 8.45 am.
Why do we have a nippers program at Mona Vale you may wonder? We are here to educate young and the slightly older, kids in surf skills. Most importantly, we look at all members as future life savers on our beach.
Last year we had an unblemished record only due to our strong team of parent helpers and dedicated water safety team, working together with our Age Managers on the beach.
We would like you to take up the challenge to get some new skills and help us out on the beach. I know your kids would love you to help out in their age group.
Following on from a fantastic season last year, our competition part of our club is looking very sharp with great trainers available for our carnival competition team. We now offer both water and beach training for our competitors; hence Mona Vale is bound for great results in the 2014/15 season.
If you are new to Mona Vale SLSC we promise that you will not be disappointed as the atmosphere on the beach is friendly and inviting. There is something for everyone at Mona Vale nippers. Our community caters for all skill levels, from novices to champions. We pride ourselves on providing a safe and enjoyable environment for our children to learn how to handle themselves in the surf and on the beach.
For those returning this season, welcome back! You will note a number of improvements since last year including:
- Formal opening of the season on October 12 at the surf club, come on down for some
light refreshments to kick the season off.
- Special fun Nippers morning at Newport Beach on Sunday 2 November combined with
Avalon, Bilgola and Newport.
- All Age Managers have honed their skills in the off season and are ready to have fun on
- Special Nipper Parent patrols for Nipper parents with a great patrol, sharing facilities,
have fun with likeminded nipper parents.
- Stricter enforcement of water safety zone policies to improve surf education quality.
- Formal volunteer roster so that you can plan your contribution to help run our 100%
volunteer operated organisation.
- Increased size and ability levels of Sunday morning board training sessions for all new
members who need to improve their water skills
I look forward to seeing you on the beach
Kim Backer – Nippers Chairperson