2019/20 Mona Vale Nipper Season
Mona Vale SLSC will be open for Nippers Registrations for the 2019/20 season on Saturday 21st September 2019 from 8.00am – 2.00pm. Come down, meet some club members, enjoy the BBQ and enrol your child / children in one of the most fun summer activities the Northern Beaches has to offer. Active Kids Vouchers welcome.
If you have any questions before registration day, please email the Nippers Registrar.
- Nippers is on every Sunday starting on 13th October.
- All age groups (under 6’s to under 13’s) start at 9.00am, finishing around 10.30 – 10.45am.
- Parents are required to attend registration and listen for announcements 10 minutes prior to the session starting. Please meet next to your child’s age group flag, near the BBQ, adjacent to the side of Surf Club.
- Please bring your Nippers uniform (compulsory Nipper Cap and High Vis Vest), a towel, water bottle and sunscreen. Wetsuits are welcome if the water is a little cold. And don’t forget a lovely smile, a positive helpful attitude and lots of enthusiasm!
- If the weather conditions are not looking favorable a decision to cancel will be made by 8.00am on the day. A text message and email will be sent to your registered contact details. Please confirm your details with your age group admin to ensure you receive these messages. Please note, we have access to the Basin area of Mona Vale beach that provides significant protection for adverse surf conditions.
- We have lots of really helpful and engaged parents that already assist with Age Managing, Water Safety, administration, BBQ support and ad-hoc beach duties but we do need more!! If you’d like to assist please ask your Age Manager how you can get involved.
- Parking can be difficult, so please arrive early!
Why Join Nippers at Mona Vale?
- Instruction in surf safety and surf awareness
- Lifesaving and first aid skill development
- Competitive sport activities
- Platform to senior patrolling duties
- To increase fitness and be involved in an active lifestyle
- Enjoyable social activity for children and their parents/guardians.
How to Join Nippers
Please complete the online registration form or visit the club office on Sunday morning before nippers commences at 8:30am to complete your registration.
Nippers membership covers children 5 – 14 years. Membership for up to two parents/guardians is included in the registration fee. Each adult needs to complete a membership form and at least one adult needs to be registered.
All new members must show proof of age (this may include Birth Certificate, License, Passport etc). Please note children must have obtained the age of 5 years by the 30th of September before they can become a Nipper member. However, a child may commence after they have attained the age of 5 years but under SLSA requirements must stay in the U6s age group for the following year. Please email proof of age identification to the Registrar, alternatively please bring your identification to the club office during office hours.
Nippers Uniform Shop
There is also a large range of Mona Vale SLSC merchandise items available for purchase.
For any uniform shop enquiries, please email the Uniform Shop.