Welcome to the 2018/19 Mona Vale Nipper Season
To register for Nippers please contact Nippers Registrar.
- Nippers is on every Sunday starting on 14th October.
- Under 6’s and 7’s start at 9.30 am, finishing around 10.30.
- Under 8’s, 9’s, 10’s, 11’s, 12’s and 13’s start at 9.00 am, finishing around 10.30 – 10.45.
- Parents are required to attend registration and listen for announcements 10 minutes prior to the session starting. Please meet next to your child’s age group flag, near the BBQ, adjacent to the side of Surf Club.
- Please bring your Nippers uniform (compulsory Nipper Cap and High Vis Vest), a towel, water bottle and sunscreen. Wetsuits are welcome if the water is a little cold. And don’t forget a lovely smile, a positive helpful attitude and lots of enthusiasm!
- If the weather conditions are not looking favorable a decision to cancel will be made by 8.00am on the day. A text message and email will be sent to your registered contact details. Please confirm your details with your age group admin to ensure you receive these messages. Please note, we have access to the Basin area of Mona Vale beach that provides significant protection for adverse surf conditions.
- We have lots of really helpful and engaged parents that already assist with Age Managing, Water Safety, administration, BBQ support and ad-hoc beach duties but we do need more!! If you’d like to assist please ask your Age Manager how you can get involved.
- Parking can be difficult, so please arrive early!
Why Join Nippers at Mona Vale?
There are many reasons to get your kids involved in the Mona Vale Nippers program:
- Instruction in surf safety and surf awareness
- Lifesaving and first aid skill development
- Competitive sport activities
- Platform to senior patrolling duties
- To increase fitness and be involved in an active lifestyle
- Enjoyable social activity for children and their parents/guardians.
How to Join Nippers
Please visit the club office on Sunday morning before nippers commences at 8:30am to complete your registration.
Nippers membership covers children 5 – 14 years. Membership for up to two parents/guardians is included in the registration fee. Each adult needs to complete a membership form and at least one adult needs to be registered.
All new nippers must provide proof of age such as a birth certificate or passport. New adult members must show photo ID such as a license or passport at time of registration.
If you would like information on Nipper Carnivals for competitors, please contact Junior Carnival Manager.
Nippers Uniform Shop
All Nippers are required to wear a club Nipper cap and a hi-vis rashie to participate. These items can be purchased from the Nippers Uniform Shop located at the south end of the surf club. The Nippers Uniform Shop is open most Sundays during Nippers season from 8.30am to 9.30am and 10.45am to 11.30am with the exception of Sundays that feature carnivals where we have our team competing.
There is also a large range of Mona Vale SLSC merchandise items available for purchase.
For any uniform shop enquiries, please email the Uniform Shop.
Nippers Team App
Click on the button below to join our Team App.